High school students may attend UT as part-time visiting students or dual enrollment students with the permission of their parents, principal, and school counselor, and the approval of the director of admissions.
If you’re a high school visiting student or a dual enrollment student, you’re currently enrolled in high school and want to enroll part-time at UT based on your academic ability and educational need. High school visiting and dual enrollment students should have a minimum 3.0 high school grade point average. Applications are subject to review, and admission is not guaranteed.
A student who is a Tennessee resident must:
- Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Grant Application (DEGA) instead of the admission application; and
- Print and have a high school official complete the Dual Credit Academic Verification Form. The form should be mailed to:
The University of Tennessee
Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Records
320 Student Services Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-0230
For questions or information, please contact Norma Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 865-974-1111.
A student who is not a Tennessee resident must submit:
- The Application for Undergraduate Admission (indicate that you’re a high school visiting student), along with the application fee
- An official high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Written permission by parents/guardians and the school principal or counselor
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Have your transcript and test scores sent to us.
- Get permission letters.