Campus Visit Program
The Campus Visit Program allows you to experience our learning environment, our Volunteer Spirit, and our great location!
Campus tours are typically offered four times per day Monday through Friday and once on select Saturdays. Each year, over 12,000 students and their families take advantage of the opportunity to learn more about UT first-hand through the campus visit program.
Become a VIP and Register for a Campus Visit
Become a Vol in Progress (VIP) using our prospective student portal and you’ll be able to quickly and easily register for a campus tour. Have your calendar handy! Your visit to campus will include an information session with a UT admissions counselor and a campus tour led by a student.
Group tour reservations can be made by emailing email@example.com. Group tours are available selected weekdays throughout the semester and are available for ninth grade and above. The dates and times available will vary, depending on the time of year. Please call at least four weeks in advance to schedule a group tour.
Where to Come
Weekday (M-F) visitors will need to come to the UT Visitors' Center. The street address of the Visitors' Center is 2712 Neyland Drive, Knoxville, TN, 37996.
Weekend (Saturday) visitors will come directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for check-in. The office is located at 320 Student Services Building (in Circle Park behind the Torchbearer).
Directions to campus can be found here.
If you are not able to visit the University of Tennessee during a regular campus visit, we encourage you to conduct your own self-guided tour. Simply download and print the self-guided tour document.
The tour begins at the Volunteer Hall parking garage. Go one block north of Cumberland Avenue on 16th Street and turn right onto White Avenue for the garage entrance—tie on some comfortable shoes, have your camera ready, and proceed at your own pace!
If you need special accommodations during the campus tour, please make a note in the comments section of the on-line reservation.
If you need a letter excusing your absence from your school for the day, you must take part in both the information session and the guided tour of campus.
School excuse letters will only be provided if asked for the day of the campus visit. Faxed and mailed forms cannot be provided. If you need an excuse letter, be sure to ask for it the day you are on campus.
» Tips for an enjoyable visit:
- Register early — dates fill up quickly. Please bring a copy of your tour confirmation with you to campus.
- Arrive early — be on campus at least 10-15 minutes early to check in for your tour.
- Love your feet — wear comfortable shoes! The tour covers a large part of our campus and we have some low to medium hills.
- Dress wisely — be prepared for inclement weather such as rain and snow in the Spring and Winter, and for very warm weather in the Summer.
- Shield yourself — be sure to bring an umbrella and/or sunglasses!
- Visit an academic college — our Campus Connections program adds an optional academic showcase to your regular campus visit.