First thing’s first: Set up your NetID password.
- Log in to vip.utk.edu to get your NetID.
- Visit directory.utk.edu/setup to set up your password.
- With your NetID and password, you can log in to MyUTK at my.utk.edu. You will also use these to activate your UT email address, which is the official means of communication between the university and students.
- Be sure to check your UT email often for important updates from UT about housing, orientation, financial aid, and much more.
- May 1: Confirmation deadline for domestic/US students (midnight EDT, May 1).
- Choose between 1st Summer Term (May 31–July 6) or 2nd Summer Term (July 9–August 10).
- Email your selection to Norma Harrington at email@example.com.
- Your housing contract and roommate preferences selection information will be sent to your UT email account shortly after you confirm your enrollment.
- As an inVOLve student, you must complete a housing contract for both summer and fall. Please select “Summer Session 1 Only” or “Summer Session 2 Only” on your summer housing contract. You may also appeal to commute from the primary residence of your parent or guardian.
- Complete your summer and fall contracts and complete the fall roommate preferences information. You may confirm your housing contract at any time but the earlier the better.
- Beginning in April, University Housing will send your room selection dates for fall. You may select any available room at any time during this date range.
- All single, enrolled first-year students who do not commute from the primary residence of their parent or legal guardian are required to live in university residence halls. First-year students who plan to commute from the primary residence of a parent or guardian must complete a University Housing Residency Requirement Exemption form, available at housing.utk.edu.
- For all questions about housing assignments, please contact University Housing at 865-974-2571, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit housing.utk.edu.
- All new students are required to attend orientation. You can find dates, information, and registration on the New Student and Family Programs website. Select Fall Entry. inVOLve students must select an orientation session that corresponds with their summer class term: 1st Summer Term (July 9-10); 2nd Summer Term (July 2-3). Students who attend the 1st Summer Term will attend orientation after the completion of the inVOLve program.
- During orientation, you will be advised and register for fall classes. Prior to orientation, you must complete pre-advising. For a list of specific tasks you must complete and items you should consider before attending orientation, check the New Student and Family Programs website.
All inVOLve students must complete both the 2017–18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the summer term and the 2018–19 FAFSA for the fall/spring semester.