First thing’s first: Set up your NetID password.
- Log in to vip.utk.edu to get your NetID.
- Visit directory.utk.edu/setup to set up your password.
- With your NetID and password, you can log in to MyUTK at my.utk.edu. You will also use these to activate your UT email address, which is the official means of communication between the university and students.
- Be sure to check your UT email often for important updates from UT about housing, orientation, financial aid, and much more.
- May 1: Confirmation deadline for domestic/US students (midnight EDT, May 1).
Living on UT’s campus is an invaluable experience. Our residence halls provide a community where you can live, learn, and create lifelong memories.
Shortly after you confirm, University Housing will email you step-by-step instructions on completing the housing contract, so be sure to check your Volmail account.
As an inVOLve student, you must complete a housing contract for both summer and fall. Please select “Summer Session 1 Only” on your summer housing contract. You may also appeal to commute from the primary residence of your parent or guardian.
Questions about the application process? Contact University Housing at 865-974-2571 or email@example.com.
Orientation is the beginning of your journey as a UT student. This exciting experience for students and families is designed to give you all the details you need to be a Volunteer.
After you confirm, you will be able to register for first-year orientation. Select Fall Entry. inVOLve students must select an orientation session after the conclusion of the first summer term of classes (July 9-17).
Check out the Office of New Student and Family Program’s orientation information to learn more about dates and fees.
All inVOLve students must complete both the 2017–18 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the summer term and the 2018–19 FAFSA for the fall/spring semester.