When you hear back from UT for an admissions decision, there are various updates you can receive. Below you can find more details on the responses you may find in your Go Vols Portal!
Students who receive an admissions decision of “Admitted” are admitted to the entering class of Fall 2023. Admitted students should confirm enrollment no later than May 1, 2023 in order to reserve their place in the incoming class and complete next steps, like registering for New Vol Orientation and UT’s on-campus housing contract.
A deferred decision is not a denial decision. A student whose decision is deferred to the second release remains under consideration for admission and can expect to receive an admissions decision in mid-February. Students whose decision is deferred can choose to provide new information to strengthen their application, such as mid-year high school grades and new test scores. The deadline to submit additional materials is Monday, January 30.
Strengthening Your Application
- You can provide academic recommendation letters from teachers and mentors.
- Upload additional materials in your Go Vols Portal on the Next Steps tab. Navigate to the Upload Materials Section on the right-hand side. Select the material from the drop-down menu to select the file type.
- Continue providing test scores if you feel your current scores do not reflect your academic performance.
- You can continue self-reporting unofficial scores in your Go Vols Portal under the GPA & Test tab.
- On the Next Steps tab, click the “Log into My SRAR” button
- On the next page, click the orange “Continue to SRAR” button
- If your SRAR is locked, it will say it is locked and linked together
- To make changes, click the orange “Continue” button at the bottom
- Under “Action Items” in the middle of the page, click on “Make Changes to your SRAR.”
- There will be a pop-up that indicates “Warning: Update Academic Record.” Click on the blue “OK” to make changes.
- You may now update your senior year grades and resubmit your SRAR. Once you see the checked flag with “Record Complete” next to it, you have successfully updated your SRAR