Volunteer Bridge is an invitation-only program. Its unique Living and Learning Community helps you make a seamless transition from freshman year at Pellissippi State Community College (PSCC) to sophomore year and beyond at UT.
Upon meeting the program’s GPA and credit hour requirements, Volunteer Bridge students are guaranteed transfer enrollment at UT beginning their sophomore year.
Throughout the program, you will receive incredible academic support in your transition from high school to college life while being a part of the Volunteer family. The Volunteer Bridge Program provides a foundation for your long-term success right here at UT.
Why Volunteer Bridge is a great path to UT:
- Guaranteed Transfer admission to UT: After completion of the Volunteer Bridge program requirements, you’ll be a UT student beginning sophomore year, and graduate with a UT degree.
- Live on UT’s campus: You can live in a Living and Learning Community with other Volunteer Bridge students.
- Network of peers: You’ll live, study, and experience your first year of college with other Volunteer Bridge students.
- Transition Coaches: You will meet on a regular basis with your UT transition coach to discuss academic success strategies, career exploration, and campus involvement.
- Access to resources on two campuses: You will be considered both a UT and PSCC student, with access to student services at both institutions.
- The Big Orange Experience: You will have a UT Student ID that allows you to take advantage of nearly all available services and activities.
“I love how helpful the program was. I met a lot of interesting people, and I would not change my experience in the program for anything.”
– Volunteer Bridge participant
Find out more about the Volunteer Bridge Program and your next steps.