Congratulations on your admission! We’re happy to welcome you to the Volunteer family.
Once you’ve been admitted, there are several things you need to take care of before arriving on campus. A few key items are listed below.
More information on these steps and a complete checklist of the tasks you need to complete before orientation are available on your MyUTK account.
Step 1. Confirm your enrollment.
Log into your Go Vols Portal and navigate to the “Next Steps” tab. Click on the “Confirm your enrollment,” checklist item to pay the enrollment deposit online. The deposit is nonrefundable and nontransferable, but the great news is that it will be credited toward your first semester costs.
- May 2: Confirmation deadline for domestic/US students (midnight EDT, May 2).
- July 1: Confirmation deadline for international students (midnight EDT, July 1).
- December 1: Confirmation deadline for Spring entry students (midnight EDT, December 1).
Step 2. Submit additional info.
Your application file has been forwarded to UT’s International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS). ISSS will contact you for additional information necessary to enroll at UT including:
- A copy of the biographical page of your current passport, including the photo;
- Verification of current immigration status; and
- Copies of official funding documents. For more information, visit utk.edu/pre-arrival/estimate-of-expenses.
Step 3. Review Your Housing Options.
- Shortly after you confirm your enrollment, University Housing will email you step-by-step instructions for completing the housing contract, so be sure to check your VolMail account.
- First-year students are required to live in university residence halls.
- Transfer students are not required to live on campus but are strongly encouraged to do so.
- If you are starting your freshman year after enrolling in the UT English Language Institute (ELI), you are not required to live on campus but are encouraged to do so.
- For all questions about housing, please contact 865-974-2571 or email@example.com or visit housing.utk.edu.
Step 4. Submit immunization records.
All incoming students are required to submit immunization records to the Student Health Center. Students living on campus are not allowed to move in until these records are submitted. For more information, visit tiny.utk.edu/immunization.
Step 5. Register for Orientation Programs.
There are three required orientation sessions for new international students, along with many fun optional events!
- International students are required to attend a Check-In Session with ISSS to cover important immigration rules. Register for a session in your iVols Portal.
- International students must also attend the International Student Conference to learn more about services offered at UTK and life in Knoxville.
- All new students are required to attend the New Vol Orientation program. Be sure to register for this fun event for all incoming students! Visit orientation.utk.edu for more information.
Here are few more useful resources before coming to campus:
- Center for Global Engagement
- International House
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Knoxville information
Need more help? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.