Congratulations on your admission! We’re happy to welcome you to the Volunteer family.
Once you’ve been admitted, there are several things you need to take care of before arriving on campus. A few key items are listed below.
More information on these steps and a complete checklist of the tasks you need to complete before orientation are available on your MyUTK account.
Step 1. Confirm your enrollment.
Log into your Go Vols Portal and navigate to the “Next Steps” tab. Click on the “Confirm your enrollment,” checklist item to pay the enrollment deposit online. The deposit is nonrefundable and nontransferable, but the great news is that it will be credited toward your first semester costs.
- May 1: Confirmation deadline for domestic/US students (midnight EDT, May 1).
- July 1: Confirmation deadline for international students (midnight EDT, July 1).
- December 1: Confirmation deadline for Spring entry students (midnight EDT, December 1).
Step 2. Fulfill Immigration Requirements (F-1 Visa Applicants only).
If you will be studying on a student visa (F-1), International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) will help you navigate the visa application process. Visit the incoming international student page to learn more about this process.
Step 3. Review Your Housing Options.
- Shortly after you confirm your enrollment, University Housing will email you step-by-step instructions for completing the housing contract, so be sure to check your VolMail account.
- First-year students are required to live in university residence halls.
- Transfer students are not required to live on campus but are strongly encouraged to do so.
- If you are starting your degree program after enrolling in the UT English Language Institute (ELI), you are not required to live on campus but are encouraged to do so.
- For all questions about housing, please contact 865-974-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit housing.utk.edu.
Step 4. Submit immunization records.
All incoming students are required to submit immunization records to the Student Health Center. Students living on campus are not allowed to move in until these records are submitted. For more information, visit tiny.utk.edu/immunization.
Step 5. Register for Orientation Programs.
You will participate in two orientation programs to help you acclimate to campus life and culture:
- International students are required to attend an International Student Orientation with ISSS to cover important immigration rules. Register for a session in your iVols Portal.
- All new students are required to attend the New Vol Orientation program. Be sure to register for this fun event for all incoming students! Visit orientation.utk.edu for more information.
Here are few more useful resources before coming to campus:
- Center for Global Engagement
- International House
- Undergraduate Catalog
- Knoxville information
Need more help? Contact us at email@example.com.