To make applying to the University of Tennessee easy and seamless, we accept applications through the Common Application—but there are still some steps to take after hitting “submit.”
Please note: International students are not eligible for application fee waivers, including Common Application fee waivers.
Follow the steps below to make sure we have everything we need so we can review you for admission!
Completing Your UT Application
After submitting your application through the Common Application, you will receive an email from us with more detailed instructions.
- If you haven’t already, create a Go Vols account using the same email you used on the Common Application. If you already have a Go Vols account, do not create a new one—you can log in like normal!
- Complete your Self-Reported Academic Record and provide an unofficial high school transcript. We don’t need the official, final high school transcript until after you’ve been admitted and confirmed enrollment.
Please note: International students who have not attended a US high school are not required to complete the SRAR.
- If you are applying for admission for Fall 2022 or Spring 2023 and chose to apply with test scores, you must provide official, verified scores after confirming your enrollment. Students applying for admission for Summer 2023 and beyond are required to submit standardized test scores as part of their application. You can also self-report your ACT or SAT scores in your Go Vols Portal.
- Submit any additional items you want to include, like additional essays, written statements, or letters of recommendation.
Why Do I Need a Go Vols Account?
Creating a Go Vols account with us is the best way to stay on top of your application to UT—and it’s where you’ll find out your admissions decision! In your Go Vols Portal, you are able to:
- See what checklist items we need
- Register for campus tours
- Add new test scores
- Apply for cohort programs, Honors & Scholars programs, and more!
Basically, it’s a one-stop shop for everything UT!
If you have any questions about the application process, you can always reach out to an admissions counselor, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.