The Rocky Top Transfer Program allows students to complete academic coursework at Pellissippi State Community College for one year by taking classes either in-person or online. Upon meeting the program’s minimum 2.5 GPA and minimum 24 transferrable credit hour requirements, Rocky Top Transfer students are guaranteed transfer admission at UT for Fall 2023.
Why Choose Rocky Top Transfer?
Students who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer program are offered a guaranteed admission opportunity for Fall 2023 as well as possible eligibility for the Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship.
Guaranteed Admission Requirements
Students who complete a minimum transferrable 24 credit hours of coursework at Pellissippi State CC and maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA or higher are guaranteed admission into any non-competitive UT program.
Student Checklist & Next Steps
- Confirm your place in the program by May 2, 2022 by completing the confirmation form in your Go Vols Portal.
- Once confirmed, Rocky Top Transfer students will work with Pellissippi State CC advisors to enroll in classes either in-person at any Pellissippi State CC campus location or online.
- Please Note: In order to place students in the right classes, students are required to provide ACT/SAT test scores or take placement exams (Accuplacer) if no scores are provided. This is to ensure accurate course advising prior to class registration at Pellissippi State CC. Exam results may require enrollment for the Summer 2023 semester.
- Complete a minimum of 24 transferrable credits at Pellissippi State CC and maintain a minimum 2.5 Pellissippi State CC GPA.
- Opt-in to earn an Associate Degree from Pellissippi State CC while attending UT through the Tennessee Reverse Transfer Program. Remember, you must give us permission to opt you into this program.
For more information and resources on enrolling at Pellissippi State CC, reach out to the Start Strong Center at email@example.com, or call 865-694-6400. At this time, we cannot guarantee housing for Rocky Top Transfer students entering UT in Fall 2023.
Additional departmental review is required for UT’s competitive programs. Students not admitted into a competitive program will be admitted to the University Early Transition program.
Competitive programs include:
- Online Bachelors of Social Work
- Interior Architecture
- Graphic Design
Students with less than a 2.5 cumulative GPA pursuing a Business Administration major are required to complete College Algebra for admissions consideration.
Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship
The Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship is a scholarship opportunity exclusively for students who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer program. This scholarship requires enrollment at UT immediately after completing 24 Pellissippi State Community College (Pellissippi State CC) degree-applicable credits and a minimum 3.25 Pellissippi State CC GPA (does not include summer semester). This scholarship is renewable for up to three years. You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to be considered for this scholarship.
Pellissippi State CC GPA
|Rocky Top Transfer Scholarship Annual Award Amounts
(Six Semesters Max)
Tri-Star Scholarship Program (In-State Only)
Tennessee residents who participate in the Rocky Top Transfer Program may also be eligible for scholarships in the Tri-Star Scholarship Program. Eligible Rocky Top Transfer students entering UT in Fall 2023 qualify to receive these scholarships up to six semesters (three years).
For more information, visit our One Stop website. You must be a US citizen or permanent resident to be considered for these awards.
More information on these steps and a complete checklist of the tasks you need to complete are available in your Go Vols Portal.