Welcome to Rocky Top! We are so excited to have you at the University of Tennessee. We look forward to sharing with you, in person, our home sweet home. To ensure the health and safety of our campus community and visitors, we have put in place the following measures based on public health directives from the State of Tennessee and CDC.
Before Your Visit
We require all visitors to register in advance of arriving on campus. To register for a campus tour, go to visit.utk.edu. To control the density of our Visitors Center, we are limiting all families to five (5) members: the prospective student and four (4) guests. We may not be able to accommodate walk-in visitors due to space and social distancing guidelines.
Check for COVID-19 Symptoms
We ask that you perform a COVID-19 symptom assessment before arriving on campus. Please refrain from visiting campus if you are not feeling well or if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
Face Coverings & Hygiene
Consistent with newly-updated university COVID guidance, we strongly recommend that all people, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks while inside any campus buildings.
Our public restrooms will be available for use. We strongly encourage abiding by public health guidelines, including washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or using hand sanitizer.
On the Day of Your Visit
On the day of your scheduled campus tour, please check-in at the Student Union prior to your visit time. Check-in will be inside the Visitors Center (Student Union, Suite 282). Additional information on arriving to campus will be provided in your confirmation and reminder emails.
Guests will be required to do a self-assessment prior to arriving on campus. Answering ‘YES’ to any of the health screening questions means you should not attend the campus tour. The following questions need to be answered before arriving on campus:
- Have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, been told to quarantine/isolate by a medical provider or the health department?
- In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had close contact (i.e. less than 6 feet of physical distance) for 10 minutes or more with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
- In the past 48 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had at least two of the following symptoms which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition: fever, chills, repeated shaking chills, fatigue, muscle pain, body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
- Did you or any member in your immediate travel party, have a temperature of 100.4 at any point in the past 72 hours?
- Have you or any member in your immediate traveling party, tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
For the safety of our campus community, residence halls may not be shown on tour and we are limiting the number of interior buildings that tour groups will enter.
While the University of Tennessee is taking all precautions to safeguard our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk. If any visitor shows symptoms and tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of visiting campus, please report it to the Contact Tracing Team at email@example.com.
Download a PDF of This Page