Welcome to Rocky Top! We are so excited to have you at the University of Tennessee. We look forward to sharing with you, in person, our home sweet home. To ensure the health and safety of our campus community and visitors, we have put in place the following measures based on public health directives from the State of Tennessee and CDC.
Before Your Visit
We require all visitors to register in advance of arriving on campus. To register for a campus tour, go to visit.utk.edu. To control the density of our Visitors Center, we are limiting all families to two (2) members: the prospective student and one (1) guest. We may not be able to accommodate walk-in visitors due to space and social distancing guidelines.
Check for COVID-19 Symptoms
We ask that you perform a COVID-19 symptom assessment before arriving on campus. Please refrain from visiting campus if you are not feeling well or if you have been in contact with someone who has contracted COVID-19.
Face Coverings & Hygiene
You and your guests are required to bring and wear a face covering when visiting campus. Face coverings must cover your nose and mouth, including masks without an exhalation valve and face shields. Face coverings must be worn at all times while on campus, including while physical distancing of six (6) feet or greater.
Our public restrooms will be available for use. We strongly encourage abiding by public health guidelines, including washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, or using hand sanitizer.
On the Day of Your Visit
On the day of your scheduled campus tour, please check-in at the Student Union no more than 10 minutes prior to your visit time. Check-in will be either outside the Student Union (1502 Cumberland Avenue) or inside the Visitors Center (Student Union, Suite 282). Additional information on arriving to campus will be provided in your confirmation and reminder emails.
Guests will be required to do an on-site health screening upon arrival at the Student Union. Health screenings will be conducted via tablet by our Visitors Center staff and will not include a temperature check. Answering ‘YES’ to any of the health screening questions will result in the cancellation of your campus tour. The following questions will be asked before proceeding with your campus tour:
- Have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, been told to quarantine/isolate by a medical provider or the health department?
- In the past 14 days, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had close contact (i.e. less than 6 feet of physical distance) for 10 minutes or more with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19?
- Are you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition?
- In the past 48 hours, have you or anyone in your immediate traveling party, had at least two of the following symptoms which is new or not explained by a pre-existing condition: fever, chills, repeated shaking chills, fatigue, muscle pain, body aches, headache, sore throat, nasal congestion or runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
- Did you or any member in your immediate travel party, have a temperature of 100.4 at any point in the past 72 hours?
- Have you or any member in your immediate traveling party, tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
For the safety of our campus community, residence halls will not be shown on tour and we are limiting the number of interior buildings that tour groups will enter.
We may be unable to provide in-person admission presentations and appointments. For prospective students with specific questions, we recommend contacting your admissions counselor at admissions.utk.edu/find-your-counselor. We also recommend that you watch the Information Session Video that was provided to you in your tour confirmation email prior to arriving on campus.
While the University of Tennessee is taking all precautions to safeguard our community, we cannot eliminate the risk of COVID-19 exposure and infection on campus. Please be reminded that you are undertaking your visit at your own risk. If any visitor shows symptoms and tests positive for COVID-19 within 48 hours of visiting campus, please report it to the Contact Tracing Team at email@example.com.
Download a PDF of This Page